News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

is there any restful api for VM???

Started by Bhole, October 30, 2018, 08:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhole

Does any of you know of anyone maintaining a restful api for VM?
i thinking of a plugin that you install on your VM and then you can create products, delete products, create orders etc.?
This could probably also be used as a sync'ing plugin?????
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch Movies Online CyberGhost  ExpressVPN

StefanSTS

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

Valerie, it's a soap solution, a little obsolete or not ?

welrachid

Best regards,
Wel

StefanSTS

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 30, 2018, 11:07:34 AM
Valerie, it's a soap solution, a little obsolete or not ?

SOAP might not be the fastest protocol alive, but it still works well over a lot of transport protocols and will probably still do when others are already forgotten.
Nothing is wrong with SOAP, if you don't need a high performance scenario.

I guess the TO was interested in solutions, that seems to be one. Of course, better suggestions are always welcome.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

GJC Web Design

personally I dislike SOAP   ;)  - find it difficult to work with and seems so complex for what should be a relatively simple task

When I need a hookup between an external "system" and I have control over the url and payload (so also applies to this question)  I use a small J comp I have built that receives JSON payloads and does what ever functions in VM that are required.
For protection I use header user/password etc
urls in the form:  /index.php?option=com_vmxxx&view=notification&task=productupdate  etc

whats a "TO"?

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 30, 2018, 11:54:52 AM
whats a "TO"?

It's the Thread Opener, it's like someone who starts a thread with a question and wants answers to that question. Not to confuse with threat. :-O
Since I don't have answers right now, I stop cluttering the thread.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Studio 42

@StefanSTS,
A solution is not always the right solution.
I have plenty of customers that tried a solution and have to find another one some weeks later because the solution was bad and loosed many money and time.

StefanSTS

@Studio 42
I did not say it was the right solution, it might be, it might not be, but this tool is at least something that you can put into the pot for evaluation.

It might be a good tool, and if you call it "a little obsolete" you should have a good reason to say so. Do you know it, is it not working?

Just because the protocol is not JSON and not in everyones favor, it doesn't mean it's bad and should be discarded from the beginning. That's what your comment suggested.

If someone has used it or is using it and has reliable information towards the quality that would be useful.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Studio 42

restful api is not soap.
soap is a protocol and have nothing to do with restful.
restful is only a way to get or set data that you need in any form XML,JSON,RSS,CSV ... and have nothing to do with JSON directly.
The question was "Does any of you know of anyone maintaining a restful api for VM?" and not "does someone know a soap api", it's why my answer.

StefanSTS

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 30, 2018, 23:27:13 PM
restful api is not soap.
soap is a protocol and have nothing to do with restful.
restful is only a way to get or set data that you need in any form XML,JSON,RSS,CSV ... and have nothing to do with JSON directly.
The question was "Does any of you know of anyone maintaining a restful api for VM?" and not "does someone know a soap api", it's why my answer.

You did not offer any new information and avoided to answer the questions.

If you read more than the first line the question was also:
"i thinking of a plugin that you install on your VM and then you can create products, delete products, create orders etc.?"

So is the main point to have a plugin that does the intended work?
Or is the main point to use a REST API?

For me Alataks suggestion was exactly to the point of the question.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Studio 42

webkul

Hi,

I would like to inform you that we can develop such Restful API for VirtueMart, that you can use, for detail discussion please write us @, support@webkul.com