News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No shop description or latest products

Started by dannette, October 26, 2018, 18:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannette

I just updated to the latest version 3.4.2 with latest Joomla 3.8.13.
I had the frontpage (deprecated) as the store front until after the updates.
I thought I'd try the Category view as suggested.
I have the categories showing up but no matter what I try, I cannot get the store description or latest products to show up on this page.
In Configuration > Templates > Show Store description = YES
                                          > Show latest products = YES / 1 row / omit yes
In Menu > Category Layout
Details tab = Top Level Category
Virtuemart category view settings > Show Store Description = YES
                                                 > Show Latest Products = YES

Is there something else I am missing?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dannette

Not sure what you mean. In Configurate > Templates it's set to Use Joomla Default. Our default template is Rockettheme's Anacron.
Here is what we have
Storefront settings:
Show Store description > Yes
Show Category description > Yes
Templates and Layouts:
Select the default template for your shop > Use Joomla Default
Category Template > Use Joomla Default
Cart Layout > default
Category Layout > categories
Sublayouts for products in category > No override
Product layout > default
In the menu I have
Details tab:
Menu type > Category Layout
Select a category > Top Level Category
VM category view settings:
Use vendor meta data > Yes
Show store description > Yes
Page Layout > categories
Show category description > Yes
Blah blah

GJC Web Design

meaning switch to the VM supplied templates  .. e.g. choose Beez or Protostar  in the Joomla template config and test
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

dannette

I tried that but it didn't make a difference - right now the whole shop is down and I can't figure out why. So until I get it to show back up this will have to wait a little.

diri

I had a similar problem with a testsite at a large hoster some days ago.

If nothing seems to help re-install virtuemart, virtuemart aio and languages needed.

I did this and all worked well again afterwards.

For me it looks like hosting company changed something while changing company name and structur. Unknown changes in hosting are kind of normal since years at this company. That's reason for me to have an account there. :-(

cu, diri

dannette

After dealing with issues, I had to increase memory allotted in php. But I still can't seem to get description and latest to show up unless I want to make separate modules but then they show up on every page of the shop. I tried using other templates, even the vm one, but they seemed to break. I did already install them all again but it didn't help.
I just made a hidden link to the vmbeez template and still couldn't get a shop description or latest products to show with that one either.
We are using Anacron template from Rockettheme.
I tried to link to the deprecated front page which is what we had been using until the last update and it only showed the description and latest products and not the categories.