News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

404 when searching (VM 3.2.14) SOLVED

Started by safire, September 10, 2018, 17:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safire

Every search brings "Category not found" error and this added to URL: ?error=404

Only happening on this site, my other VM sites are fine:
https://www.vintagecoinconcepts.com

J 3.8.12, VM 3.2.14, PHP 7.0.22

Studio 42

DO you have set a link to the virtuemart root category or shop home ?

safire

yes, these links are set. All was working fine until recently.

Studio 42

You have component/virtuemart/ in the search link. Check the module setting if adding a item ID in the setting help to solve the problem.

safire

As suggested I added the itemID to module, but it didn't help.

I can provide you access to our development site. I am willing to pay for support.

kishoreonwork

There is a problem with the module. The form action url set on the module is wrong.
Please see the attached image for the same. Some one has commented the  correct url  and placed  sef friendly url.

instead of those both the url you can also add 'index.php' for it.

Thanks
Kishore
I am available for paid joomla and virtuemart consulting.
http://www.kishoreweblabs.com/
skype kishore2607

safire

Changing to correct form post URL did the trick. Thank you!

olizan2

Hello, i have the same problem but the module file seems to be good.
default.php

<?php // no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); ?>
<!--BEGIN Search Box -->
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&search=true&limitstart=0&virtuemart_category_id='.$category_id ); ?>" method="get">
<div class="search<?php echo $params->get('moduleclass_sfx'); ?>">
   <?php $output = '<input name="keyword" id="mod_virtuemart_search" maxlength="'.$maxlength.'" placeholder="'.$text.'" class="inputbox'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" type="text" size="'.$width.'" />';
$image = JURI::base() . $imagepath;

Strange .... when i turn off SEF, it's working.
when i turn on, the error message is : 404 Not Found - nginx

When i place the "search" word in the url, its' working even if the sef is turn on :

domaine/component/virtuemart/?keyword=rouge&x=0&y=0&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0
should be :
domaine/component/virtuemart/search?keyword=rouge&x=0&y=0&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0

[SOLVED] The problem seems to be solved after i turn php to 7.1.23 and Application FastCGI (before : FPM)