News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

empty cart

Started by marvays, April 04, 2020, 07:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Quote from: AH on April 08, 2020, 12:39:11 PM
I dont know about your particular site - if you do not want to try what I have suggested - I do not have the time to show an interest in your particular problems
Can you write a little exactly what you suggested? I guess I misunderstood you.

marvays

Hm, maybe problem is here?

Jörgen

Even if turns out that this isn´t the problem, You should fix it. Instructions are on your screen dump.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

what actual safe path are u using? .. what is in your config?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

marvays

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 09, 2020, 10:49:58 AM
what actual safe path are u using? .. what is in your config?
/disk_1/www/cz/lukysipy/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/SE61S3UnildojcjH282ET/

GJC Web Design

why not use the standard Safe Path Active  /disk_1/www/cz/lukysipy/vmfiles ?

they are there and writable

the other is just there for info if u CAN'T use the path above the root
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

pinochico

Because Martin does not know and know VirtueMart and is not a programmer.
He usually gains his knowledge by asking questions on the forum (the answers are not always correct to solve his problems).

In a few years (if he will program and constantly create e-shops), he will surely be an expert who will not make these mistakes (but if he persists with virtuemart or virtuemart exists).

We'll see :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 09, 2020, 16:25:24 PM
why not use the standard Safe Path Active  /disk_1/www/cz/lukysipy/vmfiles ?

they are there and writable

the other is just there for info if u CAN'T use the path above the root
Doesn't it matter? VM says I create a folder off the web or with a random name. I had a random folder name that nobody guesses.
Now I set up a folder off the website, but I still scream a red error in the administration! VM itself does not know what it wants!

Jörgen

Hello marways

I seem to have lead you into error. Lokking at your first screenshot it sais that everything is ok. Ther is a small beauty flaw, VM complains that the safe path with "password" does not exist, but it also shows that the "hidden" safe path is active and OK. I suggest to get back to the safe path arrangement above public area, which is usually better. So it turnes out that safe path was not a problem.

Sorry to have missed this.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

marvays

Quote from: Jörgen on April 10, 2020, 09:19:17 AM
Hello marways

I seem to have lead you into error. Lokking at your first screenshot it sais that everything is ok. Ther is a small beauty flaw, VM complains that the safe path with "password" does not exist, but it also shows that the "hidden" safe path is active and OK. I suggest to get back to the safe path arrangement above public area, which is usually better. So it turnes out that safe path was not a problem.

Sorry to have missed this.

So . . .  / disk_1 / www / com / lukysipy / www / administrator / components / com_virtuemart / SE61S3UnildojcjH282ET / is a better choice?

Jörgen

Using a path above the public area makes it very hard if not impossible to reach with ftp och normal googling. Would only be accessible through an active VM install.

QuoteSo . . .  / disk_1 / www / com / lukysipy / www / administrator / components / com_virtuemart / SE61S3UnildojcjH282ET / is a better choice?
This looks like a "standard" url and not the first choice or do I see this wrong, I suggest use the first alternative under safe path tools.

QuoteFor safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL

I now the view is kind of confusing.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

marvays

I guess I don't understand. Or wrong translation :(
Which way is right? Generated random folder in /www. Or the classic "/vmfiles" before the public www folder?

GJC Web Design

neither way is "right"  -- both are valid

but if classic "/vmfiles" before the public www folder is possible .. some servers don't allow but 90+% do  - use it
GJC Web Design