News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vmText - better VirtueMart documentation?

Started by user_id, October 11, 2018, 14:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_id

Hello,
I don't know Joomla but I must find typo in one place on site. Generally the code is:
<?php echo vmText::('FILTER').$this->category->category_name?>
This line gives string "Filetr <category_name>", as you can see "Filetr" have typo, it should be "Filter".
I downloaded much part of site, I searcher database for this "Filetr" word and I can't find this...

I looked at documentation and on this forum for vmText. I didn't suppose it will be as huge problem. How vmText works? In the documentation there is no any position for this function. On forum it is not explained where vmText finds these strings.

Could someone help me?

Is there on the web any good Virtuemart documentation? Better than on: docs.virtuemart.net
Or maybe I couldn't use search on this site...

Kind regards,
Simon

Jörgen

vmText::_() works as Joomla JText::_()
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Developing_an_MVC_Component/Adding_language_management

You will find the text if You search the language files *.ini in the language and VM directories.

Also check out the language ovverides in Joomla.

Regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

user_id

Quote from: Jörgen on October 11, 2018, 14:13:53 PM
(...)
You will find the text if You search the language files *.ini in the language and VM directories.

Also check out the language ovverides in Joomla.

Regards
Thank you for help.
The location of file with translations were:
/language/overrides/ - one of .ini file there contain string which I needed.

Very thank you,
KR,
Simon

Jörgen

Be careful with corrections in the installed language files, they will be overwritten with a new update. Please use the Joomla language override for Your specific changes. Or report the language faults to the team members that volounter managing the language files.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.