VirtueMart 3 product select 'apply no rule' does not work - need 'tax exempt'!

Started by Robert_ITMan, September 30, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

VirtueMart 3 product select 'apply no rule' does not work - simply want to have certain products tax exempt, this always worked for us in version 2.6

The cart adds the tax for this product even when 'apply no rule' is selected - how else do we have products that are tax exempt?. Tax is 'tax per bill' and this always worked for us in version 2.6.

I tried:

• Changing the tax to 'tax per product' looks like it works until I realized I created a nightmare because now our discount rules (price modifier before tax per bill) are now discounting the product with the taxes ... we are giving away too much!
  • Setting new rule 'Tax Exempt' at 0% but it still adds the regular tax
  • Setting tax and all rules to programs (not per order) but again the discounts apply after tax and I can;t have that

How come no else has noticed this?

This is a very basic need - how come it doesn't work?

Please someone help me figure out how to fix this calculation.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

I thought I found a solution - I added a rule 'Tax Exempt' per bill with -% (order 1) equal to the rule 'Tax' per bill +% (order 0).... but now no programs are taxed ???

Would not work even if when I set other programs from 'default rule' to 'Tax' ... no taxes charged at all and when I switch the order the tax is -13% +13% which is not right either ... and when I try +13% -13% it is not right ... nor when I try +13% + 0% or +13% +0  or +0 +13% or any combination (In Canada we have HST = 13%).

Does not work when I set 'Tax Exempt' per bill with -% (order 1) = +% = 0.00 or even + = 0.00 ... as when the program is by itself it still gets the other tax added ?!!

Using categories as suggested in the help does not work either, see: https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/204-tax-and-calculation-rules-overview.html and nothing here helps either: https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/products-menu/taxes-and-calculation-rules.html

... how do we get it so it only ever calculates the 1 tax rule specified per order ?

OR as everyone would understand it get it so 'apply no rule' actually works.

No matter what I try it does not do as expected - there is a problem in the logic that is affecting my live websites !!

HELP!!
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

Likely the same issue as http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136852.msg497109#msg497109

Unfortunately this needs fixing in the VM core - and seeing as I'm the only one asking for it to be fixed it is not a priority and might not be fixed anytime soon ...
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Studio 42

Do you select VAT tax (applied per product)?
If you use vat per order, then you can not have a tax per product, if some are vat free and some have tax(13%)

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 14, 2018, 15:51:25 PM
Do you select VAT tax (applied per product)?
If you use vat per order, then you can not have a tax per product, if some are vat free and some have tax(13%)

I do not have the option for 'VAT per order' using VM 3.2.12 and 3.2.15, see vm-type-of-arithmetic-operation-print-screen.jpg (notice I changed product to program in langage)
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Studio 42

vat per order > vat per bill.
Why have you "vat per program". It should be "vat per product" ????

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 14, 2018, 18:20:29 PM
vat per order > vat per bill.
Why have you "vat per program". It should be "vat per product" ????

Before posting again, please re-read above and see my print screen

I do not have the option for 'VAT per order' using VM 3.2.12 and 3.2.15, see vm-type-of-arithmetic-operation-print-screen.jpg (notice I changed product to program in language)
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Studio 42

I have show your print screen.
I only wanted say that i spoke  for "per bill" but you use "per product", so it should work right.

Quoteselect 'apply no rule'
Only work if you have not mixed "per bill" rules and "per product" rules.
If you have a product vat rule 13% and select 'apply no rule' then you should have no VAT applied for this product.

Robert_ITMan

Thanks for your quick replies.
Quote from: Studio 42 on October 14, 2018, 18:48:03 PM
Only work if you have not mixed "per bill" rules and "per product" rules.
I have discounts per bill - maybe that is what breaks 'apply no rule' for me. I tested all possible options and the discounts must be applied per bill or they don't work at all.
Quote from: Studio 42 on October 14, 2018, 18:48:03 PM
If you have a product vat rule 13% and select 'apply no rule' then you should have no VAT applied for this product.
Does not work - try it yourself - set a product tax with 'apply no rule' and/or rules 'apply no rule' and you will see these have no effect on your cart or order as the rules are still applied.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Studio 42

See http://pro.st42.fr/en/android/acer-iconia-talk-s-1.html (Apply no rule  = no TAX added)
And compare to http://pro.st42.fr/en/android/acer-iconia-talk-s.html (a clone with tax)
Add it in the cart or the two, and you see that tax are applied correctly in the cart(do not check the discount when connect, it's a plugin that set the discount)