News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Question about Orders

Started by Samahan, September 28, 2018, 15:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samahan

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a plugin that would allow the user to pay for orders with cryptocurrencies. While I'm near completion (from a functionality standpoint) I noticed something about how orders are processed in the system and I was curious if either I messed something up in my plugin, or perhaps virtuemart configuration.

If a user confirms purchase of a cart full of product and is directed to some external site such as paypal or the interface i'm looking to use and for whatever reason goes back to the hosted virtuemart without paying or cancelling and checks their orders they will see the order that they just performed but there is no way (from that screen) to pay for the product.

I have found that if they return to their cart they can continue the process but that feels slightly awkward to me and I just wanted to be sure that was the intended order cycle or find out from someone more knowledgeable that I might have messed up a configuration somewhere.

Thank you for your time,
Sam

Jörgen

There is a plugin from daycounts that cives You a second chance:
http://www.daycounts.com/help/vm-finalize-order

Maybe not as elegant as one would expect, but You can finalize an order with this plugin.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Samahan

I appreciate the response, that is basically what I thought was happening and I was just looking for confirmation.

Thanks,
Sam