News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Adding a second recipient for admin emails

Started by icetrikes, September 27, 2018, 18:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icetrikes

I'd like to add a second recipient for some or all of the email going to the shop admin.

As an example, when the new shopper registration email is sent to our office, I'd also like a copy sent to a completely different address.  I am setting up software that will read that email and extract the user's details, and then add the customer to our accounting system database.  I don't want to send the only copy to the software.

I'd like to do this with the new user registration email and with the invoice (so I can add invoices directly to our accounts system).  If it is a global change that affects every admin email, I can just ignore the ones I'm not interested in.

Can I add a 2nd recipient in the backend somewhere, or am I going to have to modify code?

Cheers

John

Joomla 3.8.10
Virtuemart 3.4.0
PHP 5.6.38

jenkinhill

VM Configuration/Emails - Additional vendor email addresses
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

icetrikes

Hi Kelvyn

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've put the email address in the 'Additional vendor email addresses', but I'm not getting a copy of the registration email to the second address.  This is in Configuration, under the Orders tab, in the Email Settings section.  Does this second email address only apply to orders, or should it work for the registration email as well?  I also tried setting 'Debug mail' to 'Displays the email and sends it', but it didn't display anything.

The email is HTML mail, and 'Use the vendor email address' is unchecked (although I've yet to find where the vendor email is set)

Cheers

John

GJC Web Design

Quote(although I've yet to find where the vendor email is set

the email shown when you open the vm admin ->shop->shopper information
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Quote from: icetrikes on September 27, 2018, 19:31:31 PM
I've put the email address in the 'Additional vendor email addresses', but I'm not getting a copy of the registration email to the second address. 

I rarely use registration on VM sites so have not checked this (I don't like having anything that can slow up the process of getting a shopper to buy). I guess that I'd go back to the old standard way of using the mailserver to send copy mails to a third party. I still use this on several non-VM sites.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum