News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field input not saved

Started by edk, September 27, 2018, 04:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edk

Hi, I've added a custom field to a product so customers can add information for a product they are ordering.  This part seems to work, I used the text input plugin option.  The customer can add the text OK, but, when the order is finalised and you view the order, there is no custom text.  Have I missed something?

Jörgen

What VM version, Joomla etc ?

VM 3.4 has a hickup with custom fields.
Have You tried to uncomment the line in the file:administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/custom.php line 412

// $error = $dispatcher->trigger('plgVmOnStoreInstallPluginTable', array('custom' , $data, $table));

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

edk

Thanks Jorgen, apologies for omitting the versions.  Had another look and realised that I didn't check "Cart atribute".

Thanks for the assistance  :)

dogmansa

Hi Guys

This might also be my problem. Since updating to 3.4 the sizing options for garments is not displaying on checkout or the Invoice. Is it possible to roll back to my previous version for now? Also what would be the best way to do it? I now have 3 sites with this problem.

Many thanks for any assistance you can give

GJC Web Design

QuoteHave You tried to uncomment the line in the file:administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/custom.php line 412
Code: [Select]
//   $error = $dispatcher->trigger('plgVmOnStoreInstallPluginTable', array('custom' , $data, $table));

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

just remove the slashes

this will be fixed in 3.4.1
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

dogmansa

Hi

Many thanks for that. I will certainly give it a try

Appreciate the speedy response

dogmansa

Hi

Have checked the file and that line is not commented (Hope I'm understanding the instruction properly) There are no slashes etc

dogmansa

Apologies. Please ignore previous message. Wasn't looking properly