[SOLVED] Custom Order Status, cannot edit configuration parameters

Started by EvanGR, September 21, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

Hello,

When creating custom order status, we find that some options (Order status Configuration parameters) cannot be changed (see screenshot).

[Joomla 3.8.10 / VM 3.2.15]

Marion

Hi

I'm just plunging into order status logics myself. As far as I can see, the "edit order" option is handled in php-scripts. I don't know why it isn't simply handled as a database entry.

I've found the option set in ...administrator/components/com_virtuemart/config/default_email.php line 59:

echo VmHTML::row('genericlist', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ADMIN_CFG_STATUS_ORDER_ALLOWEDIT_OS', $this->os_Options, 'order_allowedit_os[]', $attrlist, 'order_status_code', 'order_status_name', VmConfig::get('order_allowedit_os', array('P', 'U')), 'order_allowedit_os', true);

In order to toggle the "edit order" option, you'll have to add the caracter code of your order status to the array.

Mind you:

• I didn't test it myself. I'm not sure it is the only script that has to be changed in order to make it work.
  • You'll want to make this update-proof. So don't change the orignal file, but make an override in your admin template.

Hope that helps.

EvanGR

Thanks, but I am wondering if it's a configuration issue, rather than a VM limitation.

I am attaching the page I see when I attempt to create a new Order status. Note that I cannot do anything with the e-mail options at the bottom.

(I am trying to create an Order status which sends an e-mail to the shopper)

[VM3.2.15/J3.8.10/PHP7.1]

AH

This is information only for this status

The email options are set in the VM configuration/orders settings

e.g. Default Order Status to send email to shopper

When you set these - they will be shown in the relevant order status screen

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0