News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

just looking for some opinions on what people think of my site

Started by davestanton, December 22, 2005, 16:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davestanton

Hi

I'm  just looking for some opinions on what people think of my site at http://www.1in3000.com
mostly looking to see what people think of the idea and can you get the idea from the home page?

any constructive opinions welcome,  don't just give me abuse.

p.s.  i understand it's not finished but just trying to see what people think of the feel,  functions,  concept etc

thanks for any help

dave  ;)

pgreen

The overall look (colors etc.) is fine ... the content is a bit confused. I speak German but I couldn't understand the concept or what the site is about.

Already the first sentence of your introduction
Quote1 in Wahrscheinlichkeit 3000 des Gewinnens eines erstaunlichen Preiss.

Did you use an online translator? This is not spoken German ... what does this mean?

Anyway .. I would recommend to use short and concise sentences that make sense. Structure your texts with a few breaks and paragraphs. Nobody is going to read a text that is filling the whole page without some places for the eyes to rest.

Give your visitors a short idea what the site is about. Is this an online game or are you selling games? This is not very transparent ...

davestanton

hi  pgreen

thanks for that,  yes the translation was just done with the google translator.  As far as the text,i have someone currently doing this for me so as soon as it's done.  i will take your ideas onboard and then get the text translated properly.  (would you concider doing this for the german?)

As far as the concept,  its an online game,  i know its not completely obvious at the moment,  but i'm still working on getting the full final working version of the game + integration with mambo phpshop.  Once this is done,  i will start trying to make it more appealing and obvious about the game.

thanks for the coments

dave