News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category Layout Problems

Started by SAWebCo, September 04, 2018, 22:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAWebCo

Hi Team,

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can easily help with.

1. Virtuemart Category Page - Image
I have my category images showing fine on the shopfront links as thumbnails but the image is not showing in each category page itself alongside the category text description as I has hoped.

Is there a setting somewhere that may need to checked or unchecked? Or is this a template issue?

2. Virtuemart Category Page - Layout
I have top-level categories and sub categories set up correctly.
In my top-level categories I am correctly only showing the sub-categories (not products from all sub-categories).

The problem is my sub category link thumbnails are at the top of the page and my category title and description is at the bottom of the page under the sub-category link thumbnails.

How do I switch this order, i.e. Category Title and Description at the top of the page and sub-category link thumbnails underneath?

Is this a template issue?
If so do I need to change the VM Category page layout in the template file manually?

Thanks in advance.

James

VirtueMart 3.2.14 on Joomla 3.8.8 (localhost)

GJC Web Design

standard template?
1. there is only

<div class="category_description">
   <?php echo $this->category->category_description; ?>
</div>

print out the $this->category -- I assume the image is separate

maybe

echo $this->category->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseCategoryImage"',false);

2. in the std VM cat template the order is

vendor_store_desc
category->category_description
manu_descr
child categories
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

SAWebCo

Thanks GJC.

Your answer to question 1 worked a treat - solved.  ;)

I'll look into question 2 tomorrow as its after midnight here now and the munchkins will wake me at the crack of dawn, so better get some rest.  :-[

Will come back to you.