Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Reviews In Footer

Started by Jack Stiles, August 30, 2018, 19:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Stiles

Hey guys - so I have another dumb question. Theres this piece of code:

echo $this->loadTemplate('reviews');

in product details. I would need to have my reviews in a footer :-O I know it sounds weird...but I have every product page created with pagebuilder which means theres a productdetails then theres the whole pagebuilder part and then theres a footer... And I need the reviews to be below the pagebuilder content so the footer would be best I guess...

Could you please help a bit?

Studio 42

Does it make sense? it's not appropriate to design all with a page builder system. If you need the reviews, you need to check in the product details default layout, how to get the reviews from product. I dont want spend time for a so specific case, because it need more time to wirte this code as changing the product details layout to get similar desigg as your page builder.

Jack Stiles

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 31, 2018, 02:09:58 AM
it's not appropriate to design all with a page builder system

Disagree... If you only have 5 products in your shop and need every single one of them to look different then it would be pain to work on it without page builder not to mention the fact that a client wants to change things from time to time... If you don't have "time" why do you even bother to answer it then? Seriously....I thought this is a FORUM. But from what I have seen so far - theres a LOT of people who really seem to be angry answering any question. Whats the point of a forum then?  ::)

GJC Web Design

The point of the forum is to discuss VM related topics......

If you don't want to accept advice from experienced VM users that is up to you.
But as VM has a full and complete templating system that makes it simple to have as you need in your case a separate styling for every product it is hard to understand why you don't use this.
To use some heavy 3rd party extension just to "style" seems a hammer to crack an egg.

Every part of VM is available in the VM templates.. this of course is not the case if you try and display VM thru some extra extension which simply adds complexity and overhead.
Have you ever looked at the html these page builders produce? Light and fast they aren't.
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

Quote from: Jack Stiles on September 04, 2018, 08:45:00 AM
Disagree... If you only have 5 products in your shop and need every single one of them to look different then it would be pain to work on it without page builder not to mention the fact that a client wants to change things from time to time... If you don't have "time" why do you even bother to answer it then? Seriously....I thought this is a FORUM. But from what I have seen so far - theres a LOT of people who really seem to be angry answering any question. Whats the point of a forum then?  ::)

If you know Joomla, you dont need a page builder.
Now imagine you have 100 products using 5 design done with a pagebuilder and your customer want change the design.
How you do it ?
It's why i said that using a pagebuilder is poor when you can dynamic render pages.
Of course for 3 or 4 pages needing different design, it's perhaps easier for you, but not if you need any updates

Jack Stiles

Understood... So lets say I would want a different template for checkout (cart and such) and a different template for a product detail... Is there a way to do this?

Studio 42

You can set templates and style per Joomla menu items
If you add a link to cart and a link to category root, you have then 1 style for cart and 1 for the whole shop.
If you really need 1 completly different template per product, then you need to add Jomla menus for each product.
But i trick is to add the view name + product id in the body class, then you can easy modify the CSS for each product depending the ID.
Eg if view is productdetails and product id is 50 class="productdetails-50"
Some templates already set classes per Joomla menu, view and component.

Jack Stiles

Excellent! Thank you ;-) Thats what I needed.