News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cant load new products or edit

Started by confectionery, August 25, 2018, 17:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confectionery

Hi
I am not sure if this is a Joomla / Virtuemart "version issue" or a server issue.  I currently have Joomla 3.6.2 and virtuemart 3.0.18. I can access the backend, however, I cannot load or edit any products, categories etc in virtuemart and cannot add or edit articles in Joomla. When I try do edit or create new items in joomla I get an ' error 500'.  however when I try in virtuemart I get the attached.  Can anybody shed some light?
tks

Jörgen

You are using very old and insecure joomla and VM versions (2 years old).

When old working software suddenly starts to act up then something has changed, new host ?
Host has updated PHP ? New plugin ? New Module ? New component ? You have been hacked ?

An 500 error is usually logged in an error file for Your site, please check what it sais.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

confectionery

I think that my service provider has updated PHP to version 7.  the error file just says "server 500 error"
Do you think I should update my versions or wait for my service provider to let me know if there is an issue with their server?  Yes technically challenged. I have backed up my website.  I dont want to go down the path of being "hacked"
tks

Jörgen

Don´t update Your site in panic, this will always give more trouble than necessary.

Updating PHP to PHP 7 can break many older plugins and extensions. Usually small adjustments easily corrected in a couple of minutes, but enough to break a site.

You should check that all plugins and extensions are up to date. Regarding VM, there has been some small adjustments to the products layout that has to be done
manually if You are using overrides or a commercial template.

Trying to find the 500 error is a good start and maybe turning on Joomla debug long enough to find the failing component is a good idea.

If You see that there are plugins and components that have updates use these, but remember for VM you must also ake sure Your template is up to date.

If You need more guidance, there may be a good idea to hire help for a upgrade.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

confectionery

Studio 42

You should check your Joomla plugins.
If you have added a new plugin, disable it.
It it's not solved, try to disable any system plugin that are not from Joomla team, the time you find the problem.
It it's not solved, then check for vmcustom plugins and disable this too.

GJC Web Design

You should try and find just what the error is

read here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0

also turn up all Joomla error reporting and switch on the debug / check server logs to pinpoint what is the error
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation