News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bug in registration process with OPC active

Started by ermes, August 21, 2018, 21:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ermes

Hi forum, i work on last version of joomla and virtuemart (3.8.11 and 3.2.14). If i set as new users activation method "email" , when i add a product into the cart, on checkout page i insert my data and click on "register on checkout" i complete the checkout correctly but when i click on the link sent to me via email joomla said that the "Verification code not found.". I have googled and some users has same problem (but with other extensions that login the users before that they confirm the registration). Anyone with this problem?

jenkinhill

Why require confirmation of registration? Almost guaranteed to put shopper off.  I rarely require registration on my sites.

However I just tested confirm by email registration for shopper and the link to register worked perfectly, no errors. I'm using J3.8.11 and VM3.2.15 and native OPC AJAX is enabled. Running under SSL.

I should point out that the shopper can still checkout without waiting to receive the email and to confirm, and the order goes through just fine as they are registered in VM - although not yet registered in Joomla.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ermes

If i disable the email confirmation, it works correctly. Another thest to do (actually as my config) set homepage as redirect page after login. The store is multilang (ita and eng).

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ermes

Sorry GJC Web Design, but this is a huge bug. It will be fixed in future?