News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

ask a question for multi-vendors

Started by Neesupermario, August 15, 2018, 15:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neesupermario

How can I make sure that when sending a question about a product, the message was received not only by the administrator, but also by the user who posted the products?

Neesupermario

Neesupermario

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Neesupermario

Studio 42

Quote from: Neesupermario on August 17, 2018, 17:10:01 PM
My question is not clear?
It's clear, do a test and check if you get the email.
How can you be sure, if the user give a bad email, you know only after a time(and not always) that the message was send or not.

Neesupermario

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 17, 2018, 18:10:31 PM
Quote from: Neesupermario on August 17, 2018, 17:10:01 PM
My question is not clear?
It's clear, do a test and check if you get the email.
How can you be sure, if the user give a bad email, you know only after a time(and not always) that the message was send or not.

Messages come only to the administrator! To the seller (to that who has laid out the goods on a site they do not come) How it to adjust, through the form "Ask a question about this product" ??

(Mail is indicated correctly)

Studio 42

I think that you cannot send to user the email, only vendor get the mail.
If you need to send email to user you have to do a plugin and call function plgVmOnAskQuestion
This can be a system, vmextended or userfield plugin.

Neesupermario

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 20, 2018, 12:35:38 PM
I think that you cannot send to user the email, only vendor get the mail.
If you need to send email to user you have to do a plugin and call function plgVmOnAskQuestion
This can be a system, vmextended or userfield plugin.

and through the ask question this can not be done?

Neesupermario

I thought there is the possibility of adding code to the standard "ASK A QUESTION" , that he would determine the seller's mail and send him a notification.

Studio 42

I answered you how to do it right.
You can of course call Joomla mailer and send an email to him. You have many way to do this, i only tried to give you the best way(but  not the fastest).