News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart Product showing different layout in store front

Started by chlee1911, July 29, 2018, 19:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chlee1911

I am using VirtueMart 3.2.6 on my website,
http://mockscore.com/mockstore

I have recently added some new products to my store front, and all of a sudden, the products are showing different layout. you can see on the website, the top 2 categories of products are displaying (1) smaller photos, (2) green colour product name and (3) "add to cart" is on the right borrom of the photo. In comparison, the original and CORRECT layout are shown in the lower 2 categories of products, where each product has its picture nicely sized for 150 by 150px and the product name is grey colour with "add to cart" button below the photo. 

Tried working and altering the virtuemart settings, but it wouldn't give me all 4 categories in the same layout. I also tried looking through page builder, but there are no specific settings I can see that differ for the top 2 categories versus the lower 2 categories.

Not sure where I have gone wrong. Anyone with experience, please advise me?

Jörgen

Turn off sef and look at the URL and see if item id or template is different, otherwise check the css for the buttons if it is not the same, why does it differ ? CSS file not loading ? or CSS ! override  ? Or HTML generated from template that has changed.

You are using a custom template not so easy to tell You what to Do. Try with Protostar to see if the issue goes away.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

chlee1911

I tried turning SEF off, and checked the CSS setting under virtuemart product as well as the page builder setting. There is no override at all except the format by template (through out website) from FLEX - Multi-Purpose Joomla Template by Aplikko (ThemeForest).

What puzzles me is that the bottom row retains the old and correct formatting while the new ones are weirdly formatted.

I am happy to grant admin access to look at backend settings, if you are willing to help take a few minutes to look at what I have done.

Jörgen

If You are not using "standard" then you will get changed appearance, compare css between what you think is ok and what is not. I all points back to the CSS file from Your template. Switching template switches CSS files also.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.