News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Unable to add or remove product categories

Started by koaconsulting, July 25, 2018, 21:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

Try to add in .htaccess
ExpiresByType application/json "access plus 0 seconds"
Certainly your hoster cache all json, i think that not only Vm have problems, but Joomla do not use many json response.

GJC Web Design

BTW - u will probably find on the FE - i.e. in the DB that the changes are being made..  it is just the return select isn't updated
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

koaconsulting

Thanks for your detailed suggestions. 

I was referring to the browser cache... if I empty the browser cache after adding/removing categories then the list IS populated correctly.

I ran the script URL you sent and it loads fine EXCEPT that the "selected" property has two extra backslashes around the word "selected".  Here's the output:

"<option   value=\"8\">Application Processing and Expediting</option><option selected=\\\"selected\\\"  value=\"6\">Books</option><option   value=\"13\"> - American Institute of Architects (AIA©)</option><option   value=\"18\"> - ASTM©</option><option   value=\"11\"> - Gainesville Independent Testing Services (GITS)</option><option   value=\"12\"> - International Code Council (ICC©)</option><option   value=\"16\"> - National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)</option><option   value=\"17\"> - National Roofing Contractors Association NRCA©</option><option   value=\"10\"> - Prometric©</option><option   value=\"9\"> - ProV©</option><option   value=\"15\"> - Sheet Metal Association Contractors of America (SMACNA©)</option><option   value=\"14\"> - Trane©</option><option   value=\"7\">Courses</option>"

Do you think that could be the problem?
KOA Consulting is dedicated to providing high quality, professional website design, development, graphic design, Internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and a variety of cutting edge web technologies to our ever-growing client-base. Our long list of satisfied clients extends across the globe.

We specialize in working with the Joomla Content Management System and custom integration of Virtuemart as well. 

Please contact us for all of your custom web design and development needs: www.koaconsulting.com

koaconsulting

Problem Solved!!!  Turns out it was just the server caching the JSON request.  That addition to the .htaccess file fixed things!

Yeah, we do urge our clients to go with a more reputable host but they usually follow their budget and HostGator is a "lesser of evils" I suppose...

Thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated!
KOA Consulting is dedicated to providing high quality, professional website design, development, graphic design, Internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and a variety of cutting edge web technologies to our ever-growing client-base. Our long list of satisfied clients extends across the globe.

We specialize in working with the Joomla Content Management System and custom integration of Virtuemart as well. 

Please contact us for all of your custom web design and development needs: www.koaconsulting.com