News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom Field types - which one to use when

Started by annpaul, January 13, 2023, 09:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balai

1. Check out a solution like RO CSVI for massive import/export of products.
2. Sounds like a template issue.

annpaul

It is not working even in Virtuemart demo at : https://demo.virtuemart.net/product-variants
On this page, the "Generic child variant" product is what I need. But when you select a variant from the drop down, nothing happens! The price doesn't change and the Add to cart button doesn't appear. Is it happening just for me?

Also, please see the tooltip in the attached image. It is showing raw html. Is this also a template issue?

annpaul

The second product in the demo is also fine but there doesn't seem to be any way to force the user to select a value for String, is input field before they can put it in cart.

balai

Not sure i can help with the VM issues.

If you want to have stockable variants, i suggest trying the Stockable Custom Fields plugin.
You can combine that with Custom Fields For All, to get mandatory/required fields.
https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/joomla/custom-fields-for-all

jenkinhill

For some reason the VM demo is still using VirtueMart 4.0.4 10688 - an old version where the child variants are buggy.

If you load the sample products in a VM 4.0.12 10777 installation then you will see that selecting a variant in the product takes you directly to the product detail page with that variant selected.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

annpaul

I am willing to pay a reasonable fee to someone who can show me how to achieve this. I have posted a project on Freelancer for this. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link to the project here but in case anyone is interested, they may dm me. Here is the project description:

I have a Joomla 4 site with VirtueMart 4 installed. I need some help in configuring products in the following manner:

I have multiple products and all the products have the exact same three options out of which the customer must select 1 option. Depending on which option the customer selects, the price will be updated.

For example, there are multiple books for sale (each book is a product and each book has a different base price). While purchasing a book, the customer must select one of the three options - KINDLE, PDF, BOTH. If the customer selects the EBOOK option, the price increases by $0, if the customer selects the PDF option, the price increases by $0, but if the customer selects the BOTH option, the price increases by $5.

Customer must select 1 out of the three options otherwise product cannot be purchased. The options and their increments are the same for all products.

I need someone who is an expert at Virtuemart and knows how to configure products in this way. I want you to configure a couple of products on your own demo site in this manner so that I can understand how it is supposed to be done. I will reproduce the same on my site by looking at your configuration.

Essentially, I am paying for your knowledge of virtuemart. No other work is needed. Just show me how it is done correctly.

I am not even sure what level of effort this entails and would appreciate any feedback. Someone bid $600 for it and I think that is nuts.

balai

You just need the 2 extensions i mentioned (1 of which is free) and some basic knowledge of VM.
If you need any support Breakdesigns has both well documentation and a dedicated support system.

jenkinhill

@annpaul  balai's extensions will make your required setup easy to achieve so I suggest you take him up on his offer rather than spend cash on some "developer" who most likely has never heard of VirtueMart before. And yes, $600 is way to much for this, €23 for the Custom Fields For All plugin is a lot cheaper!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum