Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal Plus (Germany)

Started by Tentaurus, July 20, 2018, 11:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tentaurus

this plugin works fine:
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk/virtuemart-paypal-plus.html

Included payments: Paypal, Credit Card, Debit (Lastschrift), Invoice payments (Kauf per Rechnung)

p.barg

Hello,

thanks for the link!
We've installed that plugin on site and are having problems with the order status.
Some orders are first marked as confirmed (which is correct as the customer has paid) and then marked as cancelled (by the customer) which is not correct.

Did you encounter a similar problem or do you have any idea what could cause that issue?

Any help appreciated!

Petra

Donnerflug

AH

talk to the developer of the plugin
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Panta123

Dear VirtueMart team, can you predict when PayPal Plus will be available in VirtueMart by default?
We also have problems with the 3rd party plugin.

Many thanks!

StefanSTS

Well, my suggestion would be to ask iStraxx how much the developement would cost and then make a crowd funding campaign to get it done.
Unfortunately, iStraxx is having holidays until end of the month, so it will take some time to get an answer.

If there is not enough response from VM shop owners, I guess there won't be a native Paypal Plus ever, since the other plugin is out and is mostly working ok. Definitely with a few hickups though. But then again it is about contacting the developer and asking him to fix it. He seems to be doing something at least, since the plugin got better and better within the last two years.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

AH

I predict that this will not be at the top of any "todo" list anytime soon.

If you have a plugin that you are using - why then turn back to VM if the developer is still supporting it?

Contact the developer to fix your issue
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ssc3

The feedback that I receive seems to indicate most issues have been solved for this plugin, but bear in mind that
the plugin is quite complex and it has only tested with the Protostar template and the native Virtuemart checkout.

It is not tested with any third party checkouts or templates.

Turn those off while testing. If you have a compatibility problem with a third party checkout or extension then we can not help you.

If you think you have found a problem or issue with the plugin then contact us with as much information as possible.

Including
Joomla, PHP and Virtuemart versions
PayPal Plus version
Other payment plugins that you are using.
Any other plugin that effects the checkout or ordering process.

If the problem that can be duplicated, then an update may be included in a future release of the plugin.

Send any replies via the website

https://plugins.online-store.co.uk/virtuemart-paypal-plus.html
Virtuemart Payment Plugins
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk

StefanSTS

Quote from: ssc3 on July 22, 2019, 09:40:00 AM
It is not tested with any third party checkouts or templates.

It is tested with VirtuePlanet's OPC extensively and works quite well as an integrated payment wall there. Not better or worse than with the original checkout.
But there are hickups from Confirmed to Cancelled to Confirmed sometimes too. The problem with testing is that there is no easy pattern to find, it happens maybe every 20 to 40 orders.
I deleted like 2700 lines of the really messy code in it to make it easier to read, but my time wasn't endless, so I gave up on it. The customer is still keeping it since he wants to keep the PLUS features.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

ssc3

VirtuePlanet's OPC was the third party checkout that caused most problems during development. Not enough feedback to be sure if this was fixed across all layout styles and variations of setup.
If anyone with this problem can send me a screenshot of the order history for one of these payments that would be most useful.
Date Added     Shopper Notified?     Order Status     Comment
If possible please include a copy of the raw server logs for the exact time of the order.

ssc3

Version 1.3.24 fixes an issue which occurs if a user clicks on the browser back button after completing an order to return to PayPal.
They then click on PayPal's "Return to Merchant" button, which is linked to the Cancel URL.
The payment is still processed and the correct emails sent out, but Virtuemart will show an incorrect order status.
Extra checks in the plugin now catch this behaviour.
This only effected users who clicked on the browser back button after completing an order to return to PayPal and then clicked on PayPal's "Return to Merchant" button.
Most customers did not return to the store in this manner and it did not effect them.
This had no effect on the PayPal order which proceeded as normal.