News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Link in shopper field 'field title'

Started by biltong, July 06, 2018, 17:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biltong

Hi, does anybody know how to do this?

I have a checkbox field on the checkout page (additional to the TOS one) and want some or all of the 'field title' text to link to an article loaded in a modal popup.

Thanks

Jörgen

I have something similar in my sign up for a newsletter module. The text for the field (checkbox in my case) is simply a link like this:
<a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=999&amp;Itemid=999" target="_blank">I accept the GDPR policy.</a>

This redirects to another page but there may be other better solutions.

Jorgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

check how the TOS is done:  components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\tos.php
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

biltong

Quote from: GJC Web Design on July 06, 2018, 23:48:43 PM
check how the TOS is done:  components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\tos.php

I did find that code but backed out, looked too complicated to work out how the form finds this code as I'm not fluent at a developer level. Was hoping for something simpler - thanks for the reply.

biltong

Quote from: Jörgen on July 06, 2018, 21:52:30 PM
I have something similar in my sign up for a newsletter module. The text for the field (checkbox in my case) is simply a link like this:
<a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=999&amp;Itemid=999" target="_blank">I accept the GDPR policy.</a>

This redirects to another page but there may be other better solutions.

Jorgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Thanks for the reply. I would also normally do it that way but this doesn't work with checkbox fields on the VirtueMart Account Maintenance. There's some trickery going on that is above my technical level.

Jörgen

Hello, You are right, I stole this example from Mavros Xristoforos who uses it in his checkboxes. Vm does seem to filter out an doesn´t recognize html in the field title. Sorry no ideas other than taing on the tos.php.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.