News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

TRANSFERRING BACK TO VIRTUEMART

Started by caitlinj, July 03, 2018, 18:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caitlinj

I am hoping someone can help me. We transferred our site from virtue mart to wix and it is horrible. Any way to go back to virtue mart and have all the data we had when we left? Please tell me there is a way.

jenkinhill

If you have a backup of the old site (or a localhost copy) then you have the data.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

caitlinj

Great thank you. would anyone happen the know the steps to loading virtue mart again with the data?

Jörgen

Depends on what You got, if You have a backup, restoring this restores files and database data.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

If you have an Akeeba backup package then you restore it on a server (or localhost) using kickstart. See https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/introduction.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Do you want to port the data from wix to vm? In this case, you may have luck with CSVI, which can do stuff like that, as far as I know. But not with a click, you need to configure it for hours, or do it per table.
and almost always you will have lost data.

Maybe you can find an old backup, get the old store alive and just migrate the new users and orders. But I am quite sure, new users need to reset their password then (would be just a boolean in a table in the migration job).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

do you still have the site on your hosting?

cause wix dont you just change your nameservers? and not delete the site?