Transfer VirtueMart Component from one Joomla site to another

Started by nfcpa, August 10, 2018, 20:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nfcpa

I have looked all over and can't seem to find a recent answer to this question.

I would like to transfer the VirtueMart component from a test website to my actual website. I tried downloading and re-uploading files in the ftp but this did not work in the slightest. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Both VirtueMarts are updated to the latest versions. I would also like to transfer the virtuemart template/design that was on the old website to the new one I am attempting to transfer VirtueMart to.

Also, I would prefer not to purchase any sort of software to accomplish this task if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Studio 42

If you dont want use external tool , then try to copy all table beginning with XX_virtuemart
But remember that user and order can break, so clean all user/order related excludint your own Vm user ID(because you are the main vendor.
About the template, you can do a zip package from your current template and install it to your new site.
You should better install Virtuemart packages (core+aio) then update the tables from your  test website using mysql.
Not that you should use same Joomla prefix, so you dont get troubles.
Do not forget to get your shop images from test website, if needed.

Milbo

The typical way is to use Akeeba Backup. Make a backup, upload the file per ftp, the kickstart. Then you do somethign similar like the joomla installer wizard and there it is then.

In case you need to get the data and all that from an old page, just use https://extensions.virtuemart.net/back-office/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Quote from: Milbo on August 20, 2018, 23:07:08 PM
The typical way is to use Akeeba Backup. Make a backup, upload the file per ftp, the kickstart. Then you do somethign similar like the joomla installer wizard and there it is then.
Max, he dont want all the database, only Virtuemart
Virtuemart migrator work only using same server.