News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Issue with custom field

Started by Budrys, July 03, 2018, 09:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Did yu use the "Update vm2 order format of customfields to vm3 format " tool?  It is in VM Tools/Tools & Migration on the Migration tab.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Budrys

Yes I did.

I could recreate my webpage and do that again. I have webpage before upgrading.

But even when I create new custom fild as editor and add it to produck there is no way to choose it - no checkbox with that field.

When I add new custom field as image and add it to product there is way to choose it with checkbox.

Studio 42

Have you try to change your customfield main setting to Is cart attribute ?
Do you use position "addtocart" ?

Budrys

Yes, I use position "addtocart".

And I have it as "Cart Attribute".

I could give You access to my page if You want to help me.

Studio 42

Check is input too in the customfield setting

Studio 42

product-field product-field-type-X this mean type = editor ?
I never tested editor type as cart option, perhaps the problem is because the type.
Have you try using type = string ?

Budrys

I Will checkthat.

But in VM 2 that Type works.

Budrys

Budrys

I resolved my issue.

I used string as radiolist with some image code.

http://betty71.pro-linuxpl.com/beta/index.php/oferta/grzejniki-termix-biale-i-kolorwe/240/grzejnik-lazienkowy-termix-europa-480x450-302-watt-detail

Question - Is there option that first choice (0 zł) is marked as default?

Studio 42

I dont know if VM select 1st element by default.
I wrote a plugin to solve all this restriction https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/shortcodes.htm
This have many fields and it's faster to code and have more feature as original fields.
Eg you can only add a selected option if this is set as required and i'm open to add new type of field, if user need a new one, if it's not to many work.

Budrys

So is there any option to change that?

Studio 42

If you need to select first option and it's not select by default, you have to add a javascript.
But if a user disalbe javascript or modify the form, then the value is missin, it's why i wrote the plugin, because he prevent any frauds.