News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

problem with add to cart quantity

Started by rooneysoccer, June 30, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooneysoccer

I am running Joomla V 3.4.0, VirtueMart 3.0.4, and The latest CleanMart template

**** I Just discovered that this might be a VirtueMart issue ****

I've completely disabled the CleanMart plugin and code and the problem still exists...

This problem only occurs on a child variant page after selecting "Choose a variant" from the parent product page.

After selecting the variant, when I click on the "+" button in the Add to Cart Button the quantity increments by twice the value set in the product for "Purchase Quantity Steps". For example, if Purchase Quantity Steps is blank or 1, the quantity in the Add to Cart Button increments by 2 each time the "+" is clicked. If Purchase Quantity Steps is set to 3, the quantity in the Add to Cart Button increments by 6 each time the "+" is clicked.

However, if I refresh the page after selecting "Choose a variant" then the quantity increments properly. If I then choose another variant, the problem reappears until I refresh the page...

You can see the problem here:
cejay2014.cejayengineering.com/shop-online/cockpit-personal-lighting/glostick-seer-lights/two-color-mk-glo-wand-6-34-double-end-detail

Just select different variants and then click on the "+". This product is configured to increment by 1...

jenkinhill

Quote from: rooneysoccer on June 30, 2018, 05:05:57 AM
I am running Joomla V 3.4.0, VirtueMart 3.0.4, and The latest CleanMart template

Both Joomla and VirtueMart versions are very old and insecure. J3.4 was released in February 2015, VM3.0.4 in January 2015. If you are using the latest version of Cleanmart then it is probable that the template is incompatible with those old versions.  See  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683

Quote from: rooneysoccer on June 30, 2018, 05:05:57 AM
You can see the problem here:
cejay2014.cejayengineering.com/shop-online/cockpit-personal-lighting/glostick-seer-lights/two-color-mk-glo-wand-6-34-double-end-detail

Sorry, the website cejay2014.cejayengineering.com cannot be found.

So I'd guess you have a JavaScript error with your template. Check the console and maybe try using the Protostar template to see if the problem is there as well.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Exluding that your should update, you have certainly the javascript called twice, you need to verify your loaded cart script