Hi Folks!

I am just wondering, why there is no option to make certain offers in VM like

- 2+1 or 2+2 offers on a certain product range
- Buy X get Y offer
- Buy X get xx% off on Y
- automatic coupon generation on sales
etc.

!?

It is more or less standard in any sales process. Any option to make this possible in the current VM?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

The VM coupon functions can be extended by the use of a plugin.  See AwoCoupon - there may be others, but Awo is the most popular.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

keora

I only found AWO Coupon. And I wonder why at least a 1+1 or sth like that is not standard along VM?

loppan

Quote from: keora on June 29, 2018, 09:07:34 AM
I only found AWO Coupon. And I wonder why at least a 1+1 or sth like that is not standard along VM?

If I can add my two cents...

Personally, I see no reason for the vm dev team to start adding features that's already available as plugins, especially in this case where AwoCoupon - even the free version - cover the basic needs for coupons, and integrates so well with VM it's almost magic ;).

As far as I can tell, the core developers focus on stability and security, and personally, I wouldn't want to change that, they're doing a great job.

VM is a free product after all, for those that needs more sophisticated features, there are tons of options out there as plugins.