PayPal payments not taking customers to paypal site

Started by mjweb, June 28, 2018, 14:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjweb

hi folks, i updated everything yesterday (new joomla, new virtuemart) and thought I got everything running ok but noticed no paypal orders were coming in.. i saw a bunch on our site that were not completed so i tried doing a test order myself and when you click confirm purchase, it just says Thank You, it does not take you to the paypal site.  I tried deleting the payment option and putting it back in again (vm payment-paypal). Thank you

ProRaceSupply

Have you checked for console errors in the browser?  Looked at your log files?

mjweb

i don't see any errors when i turned on debugging, it looks like it thinks it is going to paypal but then it doesn't actually go and just posts Thank You.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mjweb

thank you for the links, I'll check those out right now

mjweb

not having any luck here.. trying all sorts of things, any ideas for me to try?   i turned on and off the one page checkout with no luck, i tried checking and unchecking the virtuemart css, and when it is on, it 'attempts' to try to connect to paypal and it then says please wait while redirecting, but just a blue spinning circle that spins and goes no where.

kishoreonwork

The redirection to paypal website is done with javascript , It looks like javascript is not submitting the form or there is some javascript error.
Can you provide a link to the website to test the issue. You can also send me PM if you don't  want to publically disclose the website.

Thanks
Kishore
I am available for paid joomla and virtuemart consulting.
http://www.kishoreweblabs.com/
skype kishore2607