News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product images not displaying on front end product page

Started by sean_nwfs, June 27, 2018, 19:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean_nwfs

I am not able to display multiple product images in my product pages. I can see the initial image on the category view but if you visit a specific product page, it doesn't show an image unless I upload the image on the back end twice.  If I upload multiple images it only shows the second image and the thumbnail is blank. All jQuery boxes under config>template are enabled as has been recommended elsewhere. I have also synchronized media. How can I have product images show up on the product page?

https://staging4.symptopro.org/catalog/books-brochures-and-supplements/digital-thermometer-detail.html (Only one image on back end.)
https://staging4.symptopro.org/catalog/books-brochures-and-supplements/a-couples-guide-to-fertility-detail.html (Image uploaded twice on back end so it will show one image on product page.)

Joomla 3.8.8
VM 3.2.14
Joomla 3.9.12
VM 3.6.4 10187

Jörgen

This is a custom template, is it ready for vM 3.2.14 and Joomla 3.10 ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

sean_nwfs

If you mean is it working, yes (aside from this issue). Will Template Monster claim to support it, probably not. I do have a staging copy with the build it was created on and it is doing the same thing.
Joomla 3.9.12
VM 3.6.4 10187

Studio 42

Do you use .jpeg, because i see that your banner use .jpeg ?
Try to rename the extention from .jpeg to .jpg before upload product image, if it's the case.

sean_nwfs

Most images are .png.  I'll try and comb through and swap out any .jpeg but by the look of my files the ones I have are .jpg.
Joomla 3.9.12
VM 3.6.4 10187

Studio 42

In the category the image display fine.
So the problem is in the template not in virtuemart.

jankoo

hi..
i have issues with .jpeg images
vm have this issue? it dont show the image with .jpeg and after renaming to .jpg the same image works?

Jörgen

You have to tell Joomla to allow jpeg.

Back end Joomla media->settings.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum