News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How can I remove\modify lorem ipsum text from invoice email?

Started by jdunderhill, June 23, 2018, 20:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunderhill

Hi Guys,

My VM version is 3.2.14

I am really struggling with this one. When my shop sends out a confirmation order email it is displaying some Lorem ipsum text near the shipment details area

I have attached a picture showing where the Lorem ipsum text is displayed. I am looking to either remove the Lorem ipsum text altogether or replace it with something more meaningful. I have tried running a search for the Lorem ipsum text on my computer (I have setup win10 to look at php file contents), language overrides and just can't seem to track it down after a few hours of trying

Anyone have any ideas where this text is coming from or how you can actually modify the invoice email? I have read some posts where it says certain php files in the components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl directory make up the invoice email but I am not sure if this still applies to VM3 because the posts date back to 2013 or earlier

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jamie

Jörgen

This looks like a custom template, You will find the files in
templates/your_template/html/com_virtuemart/invoice/

Ask Your dveloper about this

Win10 can not find its own nose if it was looking for it, use another tool to find content, I use agent Ransack to search for text in files. There are probably other tools available.

The text can also be part of a text stored in language strings. If You can not find it in the template files look in Your language files.

This can akso be part of Your shipment, called shipment_name. Check Your data for this shipment method. You can have this text there.

good luck

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42