News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Preorder plugin for VirtueMart 3

Started by Siguana, June 19, 2018, 20:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siguana

I have a J3 / VM 3 e-commerce which sells products and pre-order products, and my customers should be able to buy both of them at the same time.

I have checked the one provided by Webkul, but it doen't do what I want (I need my customers to be able to buy common products and pre-order products at the same time).

May anyone recommend me a good plugin for this?  Can I do this someway in VM 3 without buying a plugin?

Jörgen

It is possible to do with some clever overrides of the backend views and the print views. Making a plugin to control this would be preferred.
Last I heard was that this is a very seldom asked feature, therefore no core support for this.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Typhoon365

This is a feature we would like to see also.   

loppan

I do this all the time, by creating a regular product, just clearly stating that it's a pre-order and the estimated date when we start shipping out. With Acymailing I can filter out all customers who bought a certain pre-order and easily send updates about the product (in case of delays in manufacturing etc).

What other features do you need?

Best
Peter

rage76

I want to sell some products that we donot stock and would arrange on getting a confirmed order. I would like to show the approx lead period for shipping out the product on the product page and preferably embedded in the invoice also.

Please suggest the best way for this.

Joomla 3.9
VM 3.4.2