News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

shopping cart not fully working after upgrade

Started by mjweb, June 26, 2018, 15:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjweb

since our website designer left, have been super hesitant to upgrade, but finally did today with latest joomla first then latest virtuemart.. But now when we Add to Cart, it does seems to as you can click on the cart on that upper page and see the items listed there, however, if you click Show Cart , then it just goes to nothing.
the joomla is 3.8.8 and the virtuemart says 3.2.14 .. it does say there are extension updates (5) but when i click on them there are error messages...  Although i don't know what each is for,  the extension updates avail showing are All Videos, French CA, JCE Editor Pro, Simple Image Gallery and VM payment offline credit card if that helps..  thank you for any help.

Jörgen

From what vm version did you upgrade?
I guess you need to adjust the template. There are instructions on vm website about the product container change i believe. If it is very old more adjustments may be neccessary.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mjweb

he set it up for us about 2-3 yrs ago, i will go look at the template page, thank you

mjweb

so what do you think i should change under template? i just looked quickly and tried checking/unchecking a few things, but no change.. So to confirm, when i click add to cart, it does add to cart, however, if i want to checkout or show cart, it just goes to a blank page (  *.com/index.php/cart )  nothing there.   

GJC Web Design

you need to have full error reporting and debug on ..

but a white screen is a php fatal error

If your template is old it may well need some code adjustments... but no one can tell you what without having a look at the site and debugging it.. 

If u don't have this skill set then u will need to employ someone.

You can always try as a test loading the standard Beez template and see if it works or renaming (disabling) your current template over rides
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mjweb

thank you, the guy who set it up bailed, and i've called around but no business is familiar with it so have been figuring things out myself over the last couple of years, not fun... ok i will try to figure out what you have written there  :)  thank you

mjweb

at least i got an error msg this time although it looks bad :)  Fatal error: Access level to VirtueMartViewCart::$useSSL must be public (as in class VmView) in /data../htdocs/plugins/system/vponepagecheckout/cart/cartview.html.php on line 20

GJC Web Design

this is too much guess work .. u have to supply far more info if u want help

your using a 3rd party checkout out VP and that is an access error

perhaps your menu to cart is only for registered?

have u a ssl cert?

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mjweb

i actually just found it and figured it out!  going to post it here in case anyone else gets stuck with it:

/plugins/system/vponepagecheckout/cart/cartview.html.php

change this:

protected $useSSL;

to

public $useSSL;

and for some unknown reason to me, it worked.. thanks for your ideas above, without the debugging turned on to see the error msg i would never have found it..