Three custom fields which are mandatory before the customer can press add to car

Started by nkamp, June 08, 2018, 22:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkamp

Hello,

I saw the vm demo and I thought that's were I'm looking for the multi variant. But maybe I don't understand I hope that don't need to create child products because I have three options for the custormer.
first one: is a lenght of a dog leash from 31, 32, 33 .... 78 cm.
second: color of the leash: red, black, green.
Third: pins 12mm, 15mm, 21 mm.

If understand it well with a multivariant than I have to create 47 * 3 * 3 = 423 child products? that is not to maintain. for the price it make no difference and the stock information for these different combination is not important.

The important thing is that the customer has to decide all the three options, before he press the add to cart button.

I hope that it is possible to create one product with these three options. And let say all three starts with Select length, Select color, Select pin.
Step 1: If the customer select a length, than he can choose the color and the pin length.
Step 2 the customer select these a color and the pin length.
Step 3: after he has selected all three a value, the add to cart button becomes available.

Is that possible?

Nico

Studio 42

nkamp

Studio 42

You need to show/hide by step the options and add to cart using javascript.

nkamp

Quote from: Studio 42 on June 09, 2018, 19:46:17 PM
You need to show/hide by step the options and add to cart using javascript.

Maybe it is stupid from me, but I don't know exactly what you mean by that. Must I configure this at the custom fields or the product itself? If custom field what kind of type do you mean?

I have used string before but with this the cliƫnt can order without selecting a custom field value.
I have been trying/studying with the multi variant.

Or do you have a screenshot?

Nico

anantmaks

Until you require the stock to be managed based on each variant, simply custom fields can be used to achieve this. If you want to use them, you can check this:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=140344

Moreover, if you want the stock to be managed based on custom field(s), there is an add-on extension available for that i.e., Stockable custom field
Anant Garg
Ghaziabad, India

Studio 42