News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

booked/ordered

Started by Topknotch, June 06, 2018, 19:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topknotch

Hello,

I have an ebay connector on our site running joomla 3.8.8 and virtuemart  3.2.12.
Basically when an order on ebay is completed it sends the order to the website and it is set to auto deduct stock. Then the order is set to shipped on ebay when ready, the reason it is done on ebay and not the site is because it is linked to a postage system that is not compatible with virtuemart.
Now here lies the problem.
Because of the large amount of orders, we do not want to have to put each order on the site to shipped, that is why it is set as auto stock delete. BUT they still stay as BOOKED/ORDERED as basically virtuemart thinks the order has not been paid for.
Soooo, any ideas on how we get round this ?
Thanks in advance.

Studio 42

Your ebay connector should do the work, if he can add order, update stock  product, then he should handel this case too and change the statut to shipped.
So check with the connector developper, because it's not a big deal using Joomla/VM trigger to do it

Topknotch

many thanks, I will speak to them and let you know the results

Topknotch

the ebay connector can put any order taken from ebay as shipped, but my concern is that the website will then email the customer that their order has been shipped when it actually has not yet
Hope that makes sense ?
Thanks

Jörgen

Seems that You want to update after You have shipped then You still have to deal with this in VM. Maybe set status to confirmed.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42

@Topknotch
Your connnector set an order, so it should be abble to trigger staut update.
When you update statut in Virtuemart and this statut is set to send an email, the customer get an email.
If the connector cannot do this, then the dev have to implement it, it's not possible to do it another way.

Topknotch

Quote from: Studio 42 on June 07, 2018, 17:33:34 PM
@Topknotch
Your connnector set an order, so it should be abble to trigger staut update.
When you update statut in Virtuemart and this statut is set to send an email, the customer get an email.
If the connector cannot do this, then the dev have to implement it, it's not possible to do it another way.

Sorry I do not understand what you mean.
If Virtuemart gets an order and it is auto set to 'shipped' then it will send out an email to the customer, is that correct? Or does it manually have to be set as 'shipped' ?
Basically at the moment the connector is set to 'Ebay Order' and set to auto delete stock. But that means it is kindo of sat there waiting for payment and so leave it is booked/ordered.
I really do not know what to do, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Studio 42

QuoteBasically when an order on ebay is completed it sends the order to the website and it is set to auto deduct stock. Then the order is set to shipped on ebay when ready, the reason it is done on ebay and not the site is because it is linked to a postage system that is not compatible with virtuemart.
it sends the order to the website certainly call a Joomla function ?
Or the order is not send, so in this case the stock is updated manually by an external PHP ?
Or the order is added in the virtuemart order table and in this case, you can update the statut with a plugin call. this is for eg, the way a payment change the statut after paiement validate.
YOURSITE.EXT/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&pm=' . $order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id."&o_id={$order['details']['BT']->order_number