News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

menu administration problems [SOLVED]

Started by guardiano78, June 05, 2018, 18:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guardiano78

Hello,
I had problems with the left menu (see attached file) in the previous version of Virtuemart.
Only the "product categories" menu was displayed. The other menus have disappeared.
I was hoping that by updating virtuemart to the latest version, I could solve this problem.
Unfortunately it has not been solved.

I tried to do a clean installation of virtuemart and overwrite the component administration files on the online site, but it did not work.
Can someone help me?

joomla 3.8.8 - virtuemart 3.2.14

Jörgen

Hello

Is there some problem with access levels? Was it an old VM version you updated from, when the problem started? Check that your ACL is ok and that you do not have any new superusers. You may have been hacked. Have You tried to do the install once again? without uninstall of course.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

guardiano78

Hello Jorgen,
thank you for response.
I checked users and i am the only super user.
I have this problem from virtuemart 3.0.12 version.
I checked ACL configuration for virtuemart/superusers and it seems ok (i attach screenshots).
This problem appened some maunth ago and i never been able to solve it. I used the old version until iesterday, when i decide to do the upgrade overwriting old version,  hoping that this issue can solved by itself. Unfortunately the problem persists.
Usually, if one of my websites is hacked, my hosting provider alert me by email for solving quickly the problem, but for this specific website i never had this warning.

I hope anyone can help me.
Thanks.

Studio 42

Have you checked your mysql Table #__virtuemart_adminmenuentries entries ?
This file JOOMLA\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\install\install_essential_data.sql have the original query to add all entries

guardiano78

Hello Studio42,
i think you are right, because in #__virtuemart_adminmenuentries i have only one row.
Then i deleted the table and migrated the same table from a clean installation of the same virtuemart version.
Now it works as you can see in file attached!

Do you think that the transfer of that table is a right solution?
Thanks.

Jörgen

Hello Patrick was definitively on the right track, maybe a table repair under VM configuration could have done the same, not sure.

If You don´t see any other issues this would fix the issue, my file contains 29 menuitems. How many in Your setup ?

Glad You could fix it.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

guardiano78

Hello Jörgen,
also for my table, now, there are 29 items.

I tried to click each item menu and seems it works fine.
I think the problem is solved.
thanks to all.