News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom Fields with Seperate Stock Level

Started by antmi, June 04, 2018, 22:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antmi

Hi, I have a case where I need to set two different custom fields per product as dropdown lists and each one will have it's own stock level as they were two different products.

Specifically it is an eshop selling bikinis. Each product should have as custom fields:

Size Top Piece - Small, Medium, Large
Size Bottom Piece - Small, Medium, Large

How can I do it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Joomla 3.8.2
VirtueMart 3.2.4

Studio 42

Use one product as master product and the other as child variant.
Or you can us cat product or my plugin extra product to add a secondary product.

antmi

Hello and thanks for your response.

If I use the one product as master product and the other as child, the master product would be for example "Bikini Name Top Medium" and the child would be Bikini Name Bottom with custom field as dropdown menu with options for small, medium or large. This would be very ugly...

I have also taken a look at your "Extra product" extension before posting. It is a nice tool but in my case, the two products should be equal on the eye. The main product is Bikini Name. The child or extra products should be somehow the Top and the Bottom. Could I have a dummy parent product "Bikini Name" with 10000000 stock and present in it two dropdown lists the actual products (Top small, Top medium, Top large and Bottom small, Bottom medium and Bottom large)?

In this case there would be no child products but if I can add six products in two different lists of three, it could do the job...
I don't know if I explained it correctly... Do you need an image of what I am describing?

Thanks in advance.

Studio 42

If you modify the override in template and use a specific layout, you can achieve what you need with extra product.
This need some dev of course to hide quantity for eg.
"Extra product"  add additional product and if main product quantity is 0, then the 2 extra products  Top and Bottom are added in the cart but not the main(parent).