News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What is the difference between TOS and Agreed fields?

Started by amymattian, May 29, 2018, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,
I noticed that by default my Virtuemart shops have two shopper fields:
1) Agreed - Checkbox
2) TOS (terms of service) - Custom field

What is the difference between these and how should they function?
On one site that has also Onepage checkout (generic), I see both and if I diable/hide the other, also the other will get hidden. I have created a ticket to the plugin provider, but I still would like to understand the difference... cannot find any info anywhere... Can someone - more wiser - explain this to me, please.

I noticed both lead to the same article (shop settings terms of service). So if there is a need to use separate GDPR and separate terms of service, this does not work that way. I prefer showing only one and showing the terms in the pop-up (now checkbox is showing in pop-up and custom field opens in the same page).

Can someone please enlighten me why two separate fields are needed and how they should be set up (shown where exactly...).

Thanks!
- Anne

p.s. using VM 3.2.12. (and will upate to 3.2.14. next week, when my support person is at work...). Joomla 3.8.8.

Milbo

the "agreed" field was a kind of TOS, but when you just register on the page.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

amymattian

But is agreed field still in use?
Why would they both be visible at once?
Why do both diappear if I disable one of them?

I don't get it...  :(
- Anne

StefanSTS

You can use agreed and only activate it for account in the customer fields, so the user can accept some conditions that apply for his being on the site or for a general order process.
Whatever you like the customer to ack.

The second one, TOS, is generally used in the final cart form.
So AGREED and TOS can have different content, Just depends on the description you give these Checkboxes.
Most people use TOS only.

If you deactivate AGREED, TOS is still shown in a plain VirtueMart installation. If that is not the case in your VM, there might be other issues, but sometimes the many different checkboxes in the configuration of the customer fields may blind you and VM is doing just what you tell it.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.