News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Remove blank space at top of PDF invoice?

Started by bryanearl, May 23, 2018, 21:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanearl

VirtueMart Version: 3.2.14
Joomla Version:  3.8.8

I have been customizing my PDF invoices, and they look great except one issue...

I cannot figure out how to remove the blank spaces that are below the header line and above the invoice information.

Anyone?

jjk

In the 'Shop' Edit > 'Invoices/Emails' tab reduce the 'Contents Top Margin' (default is 45 mm) a little bit and check by clicking on the preview link (labled 'Here') if the value provided the required result. If you reduce it too much, it might hide the bottom line(s) of your header.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bryanearl

Quote from: jjk on June 04, 2018, 22:22:23 PM
In the 'Shop' Edit > 'Invoices/Emails' tab reduce the 'Contents Top Margin' (default is 45 mm) a little bit and check by clicking on the preview link (labled 'Here') if the value provided the required result. If you reduce it too much, it might hide the bottom line(s) of your header.

Ahhhh, you rock, thank you. I assumed it was CSS driven and was unable to locate it.

aftertaf

hi,
could you give me a tip on where to find the files to customise the pdf invoices?
i've been trying to find for a while now...
david

bryanearl

Quote from: aftertaf on June 04, 2018, 23:48:32 PM
hi,
could you give me a tip on where to find the files to customise the pdf invoices?
i've been trying to find for a while now...
david

Override the following files and work with them to customize the PDF Invoice:
components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_order.php

and override the following file and work with it to customize the email invoice:
components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php

There are more files in that same folder you may want to customize, but those are the biggies.

aftertaf

thank you so much : you saved me a lot of valuable time !!