News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do I change the number of characters in meta description?

Started by avtozona, May 15, 2018, 10:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avtozona

How to change the number of characters in meta description item card. In the Russian language is impossible to enter more than 130 characters descriptions in English 250 characters. I would like to change the number of characters, for example up to 400 regardless of the language used. In the keywords field, you can enter the required number of characters without problems. Virtuemart 3.2.4

Studio 42

It's not a bad character that prevents entering the whole description?
Example a double quote can do some problem

avtozona

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 15, 2018, 12:11:50 PM
It's not a bad character that prevents entering the whole description?
Example a double quote can do some problem

There are no incorrect characters. I would like to know in which file you can change the number of characters that are responsible for the output in the product card meta tag discription and keywords . In the meta admin panel, the text is fully saved and edited. In mysql, the value for these fields varchar 400 .

Studio 42

You should not modify it, on update virtuemart, the table and structure is checked and the size is reset to the old value.
If Milbo read the message, it can include longer size for next release.
You can add a request in virtuemart development and bug report here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=127.0