News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

RAWFORMS - can do anything now with Custom Fields

Started by Robert_ITMan, May 12, 2018, 14:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

Get RAWFORMS here: https://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/9-custom-fields/31-rawforms

Add your own anything to a product: select, checkbox, radio, switch, bullets, slides, text, hidden info, drop downs ... anything!

We can now write our own forms in PHP - I have it working so it attaches a shopper's student from a custom DB table to the product and adds options with price variations such as before and after care for Summer Camps. It only lists students in the drop down that fit the age requirements based on what categories the product is in (and presents a message if no students qualify) ... and only when selecting a student does the 'Add To Cart' button become active. When selecting options the price is adjusted using AJAX. Can set how the options display differently on the cart and on your orders.

It is so much easier to use than you would think at first - I have many working samples I can share with you! Let me know if you need help getting it working.

This replaced my need for BreezingForms VirtueMart Custom Fields plugins (VMBF) which stopped working after VM 2.6. Let me know if you are interested in the import script I developed which imports the #__facileforms_subrecords table data into the order item attributes #__virtuemart_order_items.product_attribute.

Thank You Milbo and VM and iStraxx for this plugin!!
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Studio 42

Hi Robert_ITMan, i have really a simpler solution https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/shortcodes.htm and you can write own model and extend any trigger(not only the display).
But of course, if you use already rawforms, it's better you continue to use it.

References

Can you share your working samples.  I have a very complex form that has a lot of turn off and turn on rules, so if for example element A is selected, then element b and c will open.  Is this something that can easily be achieved with rawforms?   I would prefer to use breezing forms because I have years of data that I manage with breezing forms contentbuider and if I switch it will upset my entire business.   I just spent 2500.00 with a developer who told me he could upgrade the custom fields pulgin and now he is saying it can't be done.  I am assuming this is also why crosstec never upgraded it. 

References

also will rawforms allow for price increases based on select from list elements. 

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: References on December 11, 2018, 21:00:19 PM
Can you share your working samples.
Yes, we can do anything you want, it will be easiest if I share my screen with you and show you what I have privately as what I have is customized for my client's needs and not something I can share with the public. We can also look at your forms and I can show you what you need to do and give you my example scripts and if you want I can quote doing all this for you so it works as customized for your needs with all your data moved so it is in the VM order items instead of 3rd party database tables.

I manage with breezing forms contentbuider and if I switch it will upset my entire business.
You can continue using free content builder to manage your data, or I can help you find a better way.

I just spent 2500.00 with a developer who told me he could upgrade the custom fields pulgin and now he is saying it can't be done.
I hope you get your money back.

Quote from: References on December 11, 2018, 21:12:27 PM
also will rawforms allow for price increases based on select from list elements.
Yes, we can do anything you want.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Gingerweb

i have a fabric product which will have the first variant as the colour which is easy to do showing the different images as selected, but the next option is the length of the fabric which can be in multiples of 1 up to 50metres. I dont want to have 50 different choices in the dropdown so i want the customer to type in say 23 and "add to cart" 23 metres of fabric in the colour they want.

Would the above plugins manage this and which is the easiest to use please?

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: Gingerweb on December 12, 2018, 17:52:34 PM
...multiples of 1 up to 50metres. I dont want to have 50 different choices in the dropdown
Again we can do anything with this solution as we directly code the form (no need to use 3rd party form builder and the limits there in). Adding a text box allowing a visitor to enter text is easy - validating their input is a little tougher, but again we can do anything... if I may, I would suggest a slider and can also set the increments to something other than a full meter but 0.5m or 0.1m or what ever you want - you can easily find the code and css you need searching the web, for example see: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_rangeslider.asp

And I should add: you can easily keep the options up to date by editing the form php file(s) directly or you can further develop the options to read from a database table - either way you can limit the selections based on what you actually have in stock, for example if they select a fabric color where your roll only has 9.125 meters left on it you can limit their selection to that.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Gingerweb

Thanks for the reply Robert - I am a little disconcerted by the "a little tougher" bit, i am not a coder anymore than adjusting what i am told to adjust and happy googling obviously! This also needs to be manageable by my customer too going forward.
If you are confident that your documentation and/or support can allow me to achieve this and it can be made to be user friendly you will have a new customer?!!

Studio 42

Gingerweb, have you check my plugin ?
i think if you want something flexible, cart value can be verified, render can be overide per view if needed (category/product/cart/order/admin) and you can create own code. See demo http://pro.st42.fr/en/shortcodes or a custom code to do a player
here http://pro.st42.fr/en/shortcodes/audio-player, it can handle any case.

Gingerweb

Thanks i have looked at your demos, i am interested but i cant see anything on any of the demos like i need to produce, i expect i am missing something but the Rawforms demo is setup much better and makes more sense.
Not sure what i will do at the moment, maybe keep looking until i am sure i am buying the right extension.

Studio 42

The shortcodes plugin is here to provide to my own customer any fields that not exist in Virtuemart.
For eg. I already used it for upload, color choser and other.
Each shortcode plugin can be customized(even the back-end) to provide an easy way to enter the datas.
It can even be used to do a complete custom form, if same form is needed for all products, so your customer have not to setup each time each customfield.
Because the plugin is not set directly in the product, you can easy update the PHP, javascript and css code if needed.
An example (sorry only in french only) here https://jm24.fr/rachat/fr/telephones-montres/telephone-portable-apple-iphone-se-en-etat-neuf-d-origine and open the cart accordeon
Most customfields use the shortcodes plugin with some CSS changes specific to this customer.

Gingerweb

Studio 42 - you do seem to be keen for me to try your extension, not heard back from Robert when i asked about support :-(

The language issues are a concern but if i can be assured of your support then i will buy your extension and see if we can get it working!
what do you think?

Studio 42

It not only support multi-language using Joomla KEY, but can be disabled by language(or shopper groups).
Any features can be added/modified in each shortcodes variant because they have own code.
YOu can find here the doc of default core shortcodes https://shop.st42.fr/en/shorcodes-english-doc
At end of doc, you find some info for developper.

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: Gingerweb on December 12, 2018, 20:07:55 PM
This also needs to be manageable by my customer too going forward.
If you are confident that your documentation and/or support can allow me to achieve this and it can be made to be user friendly you will have a new customer?!!
Happy to help and I'm confident I can help you get it working for you and your customer using VM's rawforms and no hacks or 3rd party components. Best time to reach me is 9am to 5pm eastern time - contact me via the contact us info on my website www.ourfingertips.com
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com