News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Expiring cart after few hours.

Started by anonunder, May 21, 2018, 20:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonunder

Hello,

I have a problem with my VM(latest version of VM and joomla), when I add a new product to the cart and when i close the tab, after 1-2hours, cart is empty.

I extented sessiton time for user login, but doesn't work.

There is a live website, but it is B2B site, and you can't add to the cart to test it.

I need a solution to store it in cookies, locally or somehow to fix this.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

anonunder

How can I know that it will work?

My main problem is, when i shut down the computer and turn it up again, cart is empty.

But, on my other websites I can add and it will stay there for months...

jenkinhill

If the shopper is logged in and has products in the cart the db table ###_virtuemart_carts is populated, so that if they leave and come back even weeks later, once they log in again the cart is populated with the same products. Just look in the db...
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

anonunder

I see my session in database, but sometimes it will be empty with no reason, after 1 day, or if I turn off my computer

jenkinhill

The session is different from the data stored in the ###_virtuemart_carts table.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

anantmaks

VirtueMart doesn't keep user cart in the database for guest users, I raised this topic earlier that it should save guest user carts as much other e-commerce platforms do it, and it finally helps admin to track abandon carts. Make sure you are not looking for guest user cart to remain existing.
Anant Garg
Ghaziabad, India