News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Fields not saving data in textarea

Started by sharronb, April 23, 2018, 10:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharronb

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me. I noticed that after installing Virtuemart 3.2.12 and Joomla 3.8.3 not all the copy/text etc is saved in the custom fields text area.
I initially noticed this in our upgrade of a clients website and thought it might be this but then I did a bit of digging and installed a fresh versions of Joomla and Virtuemart with no contect and created a new custom field and product and the error still occurs. I have also tried updating both to the latest releases Joomla 3.8.7 and Virtuemart 3.2.14 and it still doesn't save all the information.
This bug seems to occur if you place more 130 characters in the textfield area it cuts off after this point and often spits out html in the content (see attached screen shots). I've tried increasing the number of characters in the database but this did not work.

Does anybody know of fix for this please? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jörgen

130 char limit is nothing I can reproduce. The screenshot You are showing has 217 Words. I have tried on Joomla 3.8.7 and VM 3.2.13 and Joomla 3.8.3 and VM 3.2.12. I can input 2400 characters without problems.

I am pretty sure the limit is around 2000 characters. Do You have some invisible styling that takes room in the text? Turn off wisywyg mode and Count the actual characters that are stored.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

sharronb

Hi Jörgen,

Thanks for replying to my comment.

I can see now I've done a character count as I have html and it comes out at over 7000 characters. Virtuemart is only saving 2462 of those characters. On the WYSYWYG it shows 69 that's where I've got confused.

We could initially save the 7000 in an old version of Virtuemart but not this version it seems. I have tried increasing the character count in MyPHPAdmin but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure if I'm changing this correctly.

I have tried changing the virtuemart_customs field - custom_value to 10000 and text and neither seem to work. Do you know if I'm editing the correct section or is there another way I can increase the character count do you know please. I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks again
Sharron