News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display price before discount overrides

Started by bunglehaze, April 05, 2018, 14:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

Hey all, I am using the catproduct extension to show my products in a table and have as part of the addon hidden the prices from the ontop and addtocart positions on VM 3.2.12

However, one limitation the extension has is that I cannot display the price before any discounts, only the final prices selected. As a result I now want to add a line to the default product page that will show MSRP: [and the price before discount price]

<?php echo $this->product->prices['salesPrice']  ?> Shows the discounted price, but I am unsure what the price description is for the price before discount with tax instead of salesPrice.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

lausianne

How about basePriceWithTax? (just a guess)

In .\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\currencydisplay.php I found this:

$priceNames = array('basePrice','variantModification','basePriceVariant',
   'basePriceWithTax','discountedPriceWithoutTax', 'discountedPriceWithoutTaxTt',
   'salesPrice', 'salesPriceTt', 'priceWithoutTax', 'priceWithoutTaxTt',
   'salesPriceWithDiscount','discountAmount','discountAmountTt','taxAmount', 'taxAmountTt','unitPrice');

bunglehaze

Yeah, I have tried the variants in the prices and they all seem to just display the sale price. It's an odd one

Jörgen

Do You mean this extension ?

https://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/products/catproduct-detail

Post a support ticket or speak to the developer.

regards

Jörgen@ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bunglehaze

Just a quick update for those with the same issue. It was a simple setup issue in that my overrides on pricing were +/-% margin. I just changed it to DBtax (price modifier before tax) and the line I added changed to the correct MSRP price on it's own.