Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM [3.2.14] I can't delete orders

Started by hazael, April 16, 2018, 16:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

in
Quoteadministrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders
I have canceled orders in the list and I want to delete them.
After I try to delete, I get a error message: "An invoice has been issue, you are not allowed to delete this order QWERTY"
How to solve this problem?

jjk

At present, after a (pdf) invoice has been generated, you can't delete the order from the VirtueMart administration anymore in VM 3.2.14+. This was recently implemented due to a new french law, but probably isn't the final solution to comply with that law yet. You should be able to delete the invoice in the xxxxx_virtuemart_invoices table with for example phpmyadmin and afterwards delete the order from the VM orders view.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

AH

Accidental order deletion and invoice removal has been a problem for some time.  It is not just an issue with French businesses.

If VirtueMart is producing invoices (it does not have to) then records of these invoices should be maintained.

The changes in the latest release help to prevent the removal of records that have resulted in an invoice being produced through normal administrator operations.

This will help maintain a sequential record of invoice data which is a legal requirement in many countries.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

hazael

This is understandable but this solution is troublesome. it would be useful to have a temporary option for administrator for testing - similar to the sandbox option in paypal. :-)
I removed tested orders from the database using the older version of Virtuemart [3.2.12]

lausianne

I see the legal requirement, and I had this trouble with other shop software as well. The "solution" is really useless, though - if anyone actually wants to mess with the data, he can easily do that in the database. No fraud protection here. You'd need a blockchain for that, or similar. Maybe every transaction transferred directly to a state controlled safe location. Not that I propose this, just thoughts.

AH

QuoteThe "solution" is really useless, though - if anyone actually wants to mess with the data, he can easily do that in the database. No fraud protection here.

This is designed for the average user who does not want to commit fraud - if you want to - you will find a way.

You could just delete the whole database and yes be done with it, in the same way that you could destroy paper invoices or delete all your other accounting records by formatting your hard disk.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lausianne

So it's just to protect users from accidental deletion, right? Then why not just have an extra warning, "Are you sure you want to delete this???"

jenkinhill

It is also to prevent malicious deletion by a member of staff with admin access.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

QuoteSo it's just to protect users from accidental deletion, right?

No - that is not what I said.

The average user will not know how to manipulate a database

QuoteThen why not just have an extra warning, "Are you sure you want to delete this???

Because that will still allow deletion and that is not what the developers wanted to achieve.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Moskito

I understand, but we did not use this to issue the bill. Anyone who is doing this is the solution here:
administrator / components / com_virtuemart / models / order.php

Search this line(2268-2271. line):

if ($invoice) {
$removedOrderMsgs [$order['details']['BT']->order_number]= 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NOT_ALLOWED_TO_DELETE';
continue;
}

Replace:

/*if ($invoice) {
$removedOrderMsgs [$order['details']['BT']->order_number]= 'COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NOT_ALLOWED_TO_DELETE';
continue;
}*/

Sorry my bad english!

AH

Why are you suggestion changing code??

QuoteI understand, but we did not use this to issue the bill. Anyone who is doing this is the solution here:
administrator / components / com_virtuemart / models / order.php

There has been some misunderstanding somewhere along the way.

Just configure the system correctly - so that it does not think it is "issuing invoices"

"but we did not use this to issue the bill. "

If you do not issue invoices from VM you can delete the orders.

Ensure that NO order status is set to generate an invoice

Then you can delete whatever you want.

admin/configuration/order statuses

Create Invoice - set to No
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

@AH
The restriction is not the only problem, Virtuemart is bugged because task value is set 2 times !
I'm wondered that all other function work in this form ?
Here why
<?php echo $this->addStandardHiddenToForm (); ?>
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="<?php echo vRequest::getCmd('task'); ?>">

addStandardHiddenToForm already add the task and the second line add the task a second time
Bug found in  3.2.14, but i dont checked if this is the case for other release.

AH

@studio42 

Cannot see this in 3.2.15

Things seem to be working fine.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jankoo

this is another stupid solution in VM. its owners eshop. he could have right to delete everything he wants.. who cares about some french laws..? if i remove .pdf invoices in folder, whats the point i cant delete this orders records? if you want to protect accidentally removing you could restrict this to only superuser for example and add warning too. but this is just stupid that we have to go to database or change the code to remove useless orders records...

AH

Quotewho cares about some french laws..?

This is not a French law specific function - many regions require that you do not "remove data" from invoiced orders/transactions.

Some people like this new solution, some do not, you are able to change whatever you need to meet your specific requirements.  Old "useless" order records - for some users are potentially "useful", it just depends on your particular situation.

Most single user solutions end up have only one user - which is the super user - thus rendering redundant any solution to prevent accidental deletion by all but the super user.

VM is a FREE open source e-commerce solution which meant that if you require it to have the ability to delete orders that have had an invoice - then you can modify the code accordingly.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0