News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Extra charge if the selected payment is PayPal

Started by Siguana, April 14, 2018, 15:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siguana

I am making a VirtueMart 3 website with two methods for paying:  credit card and PayPal.  But I want the bill to be incremented a specific porcentage if the selected payment is PayPal.  How could I do that?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Siguana

I entered the charged as you mentioned under "Discounts and Fees", but I am getting a very higher value, as you can check in the pictures that I attach you.

Also, the descriptions says "Percent to apply to the total product amount. Shipment cost are not included".  But it seems that VirtueMart is using shipment cost and something else.  It is great if it uses shipment cost because that is what I want, but the description says the opposite.

What am I doing wrong?

Jörgen

Try to untick Progressive. This option calculates the cost including Paypals added fee kind of cost on cost. Paypal charges on the total value and since You have increased the total value you have to increase the charge if you want to make the customer pay the total charge that Paypal will charge You in the end.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Siguana

I have changed Progressive to Fixed, but there are not changes...  :(

Jörgen

Have You made a new order ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Siguana

Yes, I made a new order, but all is the same...   :'(

ahalus

Quote from: Siguana on April 19, 2018, 17:45:29 PM
  Yes, I made a new order, but all is the same...   :'(

Hello Siguana,

Did you find a solution for this problem? I have the same problem and I cannot fix it.

Have a nice day,
Andrei

Jörgen

There is no problem:
QuoteUntick Progressive. This option calculates the cost including Paypals added fee kind of cost on cost. Paypal charges on the total value and since You have increased the total value you have to increase the charge if you want to make the customer pay the total charge that Paypal will charge You in the end.

The calculation in the earlier post is correct.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

ahalus

Quote from: Jörgen on July 07, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
There is no problem:
QuoteUntick Progressive. This option calculates the cost including Paypals added fee kind of cost on cost. Paypal charges on the total value and since You have increased the total value you have to increase the charge if you want to make the customer pay the total charge that Paypal will charge You in the end.

The calculation in the earlier post is correct.

Hello Jörgen,

Thanks for your quick answer. I don't think that the problem is there.

1. Please take a look at the first picture. So "Cost method calculation" is checked as "Fixed" and not "Progressive". The PayPal Fee is 3%.
2. In the second picture you will see an example. The correct PayPal fee (for this example) needs to be 1.06 Euro but it show me 1.09 Euro. If I choose "Progressive" I have the same problem.

Best regards,
Andrei

Jörgen

If You choose progressive You will not have any problem, the calculation is correct.

Have You saved settings, cleared cache and made a new order with the new settings ?

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

ahalus

Quote from: Jörgen on July 07, 2020, 17:28:31 PM
If You choose progressive You will not have any problem, the calculation is correct.

Have You saved settings, cleared cache and made a new order with the new settings ?

Morning Jörgen,

The settings for the above  example are:
1. Percent of the total amount: 3%
2. Cost method calculation: Fixed (by choosing "progressive" everything is calculating ok).
3. Cleared Joomla cache. Cleard browser cache. Made a new order and the problem is still there.

Thanks,
Andrei

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

ahalus

Jörgen

Not sure if VM 3.4 runs well on php 7.4.

Have You updated the VM aio to the 3.4.2 version? I would recommend update VM on a backup site and test this with current version.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x