Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Unable to show the German language in VM or Cart

Started by thefbi, April 14, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefbi

Hello,

i have VM 3.2.14 on Joomla 3.8.6.

I have installed the German language for Joomla an configure it with menus, etc. All work fine. (My site is in french).
I can traduce the products description, it is Ok in VM.

I have installed the 2 languages pack from the VM site.

The problem i have is in the account view, i am in english and not in german. The same in the cart.

Any idea ?

thefbi

Hello again,

after check in the languages folder with my ftp client, no language was installed. I have installed this with the Joomla installer, and it dosent work like this.

I have copied and past manually the files and now it is OK.

jjk

I don't know what exactly went wrong when you installed your additional language packs. But to be sure it works correctly now, I recommend to check with phpmyadmin if your translations are stored in the correct language tables in the database, before you start translating a lot of products. Just to make sure that for example german translations are stored in the de-DE language tables and not in the en-GB or fr-FR tables.

The VM language files of translations are normally stored in the same site and administration language folders where Joomla stores it's language files, while the English language files are stored in subfolders of the VM component and plugin folders.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

thefbi