News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Jdiction_mysqli driver not supported

Started by pivovary, April 09, 2018, 06:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pivovary

Hi, i use in my page plugin JDiction with custom db driver Jdiction_mysqli still works ok, but now a cannot upgraded to version 3.2.14, installation returned warning To ensure seemless working with Virtuemart please use MySQLi as database type in Joomla configuration.

It's possible add db driver JDiction_mysqli to supported for installation? I can't unnistall this plugin, i have a lot of content in it.

Thank you

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pivovary

No, this is no solution for actual problem. If i click to update Virtuemart 3.2.14 return only warning To ensure seemless working with Virtuemart please use MySQLi as database type in Joomla configuration but upgrade will not be done.

And Jdiction extension for virtuemart were created to my request, Because with multilanguage support not returned correctly web address.

Jörgen

I thought the message was just a warning during update, it got introduced in VM 3.2.14 due to problems with PDO driver if I remember correctly, but You could try switching to mysqli during update and the switching back after update.

As I understand it jdiction is supposed to be "translate" content by switching database content and should not be needed during update, but backup first anyway.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pivovary

Maybe i try switch before update only to db driver Mysqli but this very no comfort if i have lot a content in Jdiction because more page were not available during update. Better will be added db driver Jdiction_mysqli to supported for installation.

Milbo

As Jörgen said, it was just meant as a warning. But I set a return false, so it stops the installation.

You can also easily modify the installer, just extract the zip, search for script.virtuemart.php in the BE files of the installer, folder "install". And there is in line 107 if ($type != 'mysqli' I just added the Jdiction driver now

if ($type != 'mysqli' and $type!= 'Jdiction_mysqli') {

So it should not be a problem with the next installation. You may verify it for us. Greetings. Ah yes, just zip the extracted directory and it is an installer again.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pivovary

Thank you, if i changed install script.virtuemart.php to
if ($type != 'mysqli' and $type != 'jdiction_mysqli') {

installation no problem

pivovary

And will be jdiction_mysqli added to next version or i will be must still edit install scirpt?