News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Secret key not visible in confirmation email

Started by patbe60, April 08, 2018, 17:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patbe60

Hello
After updating VM to 3.2.14 the secret key in the confirmation email to view an order online is no more visible.
Tested with VM 3.2.14, Joomla 3.8.6

Regards Patrik

Milbo

There is now an option to reenable it. The reason is the new data protection law active since 1. april.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patbe60

Thank you.

I have set now the option to "only registered shoppers".
But when the shopper clicks the "view your order online" link in the email, he will be confronted with the message "Order not found! It may have been deleted" and with a fieldset with "order number" and "secret key". This may be a little confusing.
Isn't it possible to hide these?

It for sure can be done with a template override, but the different options will be lost then.

Milbo

You mean, when you change it to "only registered? Yes there should be the message "Please login to see your order".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patbe60

Yes, there should. But it isn't. I have checked it also after deactivating all my template overrides.
Currently I have made a language override of COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NOTFOUND

diri

Milbo,

while you are at it ...

Due to upcoming changes in legislative requirenments inside EU:

Is there a setting to buy as guest without registration at Joomla (anonymous buying) and to check bill afterwards (couldn't find it now in VM 3.2.14)?

DSVGO says there must be possibility to place an order without registration on site. Delivery address must be submitted, that's no question.

Thanks,

diri