News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Realtime viewer of the orders

Started by Kuubs, April 03, 2018, 12:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

Is there some sort of plugin available where I can view the orders that are being made in my webshop in real time?

Some sort of dashboard where the orders gets automatically added if they have been made.

Jörgen

Nothing more than som more elaborate back ends but AFAIK they all need You to press F5 to update the screen. As You do with the normal back end.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Kuubs

Yeah, I understand that, but I guess I have to build something myself to make a dashboard where the orders get automatically refreshed.

Troels_E

I'd personally love an Android/iOS app that would let me see orders in realtime (with notification on/off) and that would let me see the actual order details to pick items.

Kuubs

Quote from: Troels_E on April 21, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
I'd personally love an Android/iOS app that would let me see orders in realtime (with notification on/off) and that would let me see the actual order details to pick items.

Someting to consider.. I have made a realtime order viewer dashboard. It works very well. Maybe I can see if I can export it to an app or something similair.

Studio 42

If you have email notification on your mobile(or desktop), why you need refresh in a dashboard ?

StefanSTS

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 16, 2018, 22:02:36 PM
If you have email notification on your mobile(or desktop), why you need refresh in a dashboard ?

He is lying at a beach with his phone close by, so he wants to know immediately when there will be funds available to extend the stay.

Mobile App is the future, well, for the next few years, until you can send order updates straight to your brain interface.

Hope that answers your question.

o-) Stefan ;-)
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

If he really need, it's not so complicate to do. My module already load by ajax the list/search changes(if enabled), see https://shop.st42.fr/en/themes/menu-administrator-virtuemart.htm
Adding a javascript timer to refresh the order list all 1 or 2 minutes should do the trick(similar to keepalive).