Main Menu

PayPal behaviour and ‘one touch’ checkout

Started by jimpett81, March 22, 2018, 21:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimpett81

JOOMLA 3.6.5
VM 3.0.18

Hello,

I am wondering if VM PayPal is working correctly on my site and if it can be developed to work another way if it is.

Currently, when you use the express version of the payment method the flow is as such:

You click the button in the 'advertise' div and it takes you to PayPal.
You fill in the details or sign in, then confirm.
You are sent back to the site to click 'confirm' and then the order appears in the VM orders page. You must also fill in the form on the cart page before clicking confirm.
The details in the order page match those in the cart NOT those in PayPal.
When you are back in the cart you can change the shipment method, address and even the payment method needs to be chosen again.

Is this the intended behaviour? I currently use a plugin that takes details before going to PayPal and returns to the site  only to show the confirmation page. This way nothing can be changed after payment. We still end up with the details from the site in the orders page.

Having spoken to PayPal about conversion rates they have suggested we use the one touch method that uses the button and we need to use this. The current button does not work in the way PayPal have suggested it should, on my site at least.
There version of how it works is as follows:
The button should be pressed and then the user should login and the details will be passed to the system and the order confirmed, hence the name 'one touch'. They have also shown me that the updated version is in a pop up and not a full divert.

Is this at all possible in VM? Am I juts configuring things wrong or using a bad template?

Any help would be great.

Kind regards,

James