News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to apply only one discount to a shopper group

Started by en jie rudd, March 22, 2018, 05:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

en jie rudd

Hi everyone

My current site is on:
Joomla 3.8.5
Virtuemart: 3.2.12

I have set up a 'Calculation Rule' with a ?% wholesale discount for the shopper group 'retailers'.

I would like this to be the only discount applied to the shopper in this group, but not additional to any other sales discounts.  (I want the retailers to only get one fixed % discount from the basic price, regardless if a product is on sale or not.) 

Your assistance on how this could be achieved is much appreciated.

Best regards

En Jie

en jie rudd

I believe I have solved this issue myself by adjusting the product item info!  :-[

When I want to put a product on sale for eg promotion purpose of 10% discount sale (but do not want to add this to the already discounted shopper group discount): 
1/ I created a product category eg called '10% discount'
2/ I created a calculation rule of 10% discount to be applied to the '10% discount' product category
3/ I put the product to be promoted under its normal product category and the 10% discount product category
4/ assign the last (from back-end product page) to the shopper group of '-anonymous-' and '-default-' only - somehow this excludes all other shopper groups from the 10% discount sale (include 'retailer' group in my case).

I hope I have made above understandable.

regards

En Jie